Whole body cryotherapy is the most advanced recovery and anti-inflammatory treatment available. It was made famous by professional athletes who use it post work out to eliminate soreness and revitalize tired muscles, but it can reduce pain, improve circulation and boost metabolism. When you step into the chamber, liquid nitrogen reduces the temperature of the air to -240 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes. The body reacts by sending blood from the muscle and joint space to the body’s core. This allows the blood to be cleansed of toxins and replenished with oxygen, nutrients and enzymes. As soon as you step out of the chamber the blood returns to the muscles and joint spaces, leaving you feeling re-energized. This results in decreased inflammation, removal of toxins and lactic acid that builds up after exercise as well as rejuvenated skin.
- Decrease muscle soreness and inflammation
- Recover from injury or surgery faster
- Pain relief from fibromyalgia, rheumatoid disease and migraines.
- Improve quality of sleep
- Boost Metabolism
- Reduce symptoms of anxiety and/or depression
- Reduce Cellulite and improve skin tone
- Burn calories (approximately 500 in one session) and boost metabolism
Prior to your session:
- For Safety, your body must be completely dry. Remove any moisture from sweat and do not apply any lotion prior to your session.
- Remove all jewelry or metal below the neckline, including piercings.
- Most patients choose to dress down to their underwear and are given a robe for privacy. You will also be provided with gloves and socks to protect areas that are more sensitive to the cold.
If you're interested in making an appointment for Cryotherapy, get in touch with us to schedule your consultation.
Silk Life Medical
3609 South Wadsworth Boulevard, Suite 135, Lakewood, CO 80235
Copyright © 2020 Silk Life Medical Spa - All Rights Reserved.